The VVS was founded as the "Workers' and Peasants' Air Fleet" in 1918, succeeding the Imperial Russian Air Force. After being placed under control of the Red Army, with the official denomination VVS in 1930, its influence on aircraft design became greater.
The Rules and Regs
• Aircraft must have flown with Soviet or Russian markings. All lend-lend lease aircraft aquired that flew in the VVS are allowed, but Soviet build aircraft flying under a different countries markings are not allowed.
• Dioramas are welcome and encouraged.
• Can be built OOB or you can add as much aftermarket as you wish
• Progress of your build on the official thread is desirable
• It is envisage to get a campaign area on kitmaker photos, if this does happen, participants will be requested to put two to three pictures of their completed kit there.
• Preferably entries should not be started before the official start date (if a model has been started, PM the campaign leader for eligibility for entry)
• Participants are encouraged to keep everyone informed of their build using the official thread. If you wish to start your own build thread you're welcome to (however only the official thread will be used to keep track of peoples progress)
• Most of all is to have fun building and entering this campaign
All models will be awarded a campaign ribbon on completion of the campaign.