1⁄35Mold Making and Resin Casting
Making your MoldsThere has been quite a lot of recent interest in this subject so I figured I would help out and contribute a step by step article on how to go through the process of mold making and reproducing parts in resin.
First of all, let's go through the materials you will need to get started.
- Clean mixing bowls - Plastic rubbermaid type works the best
- Spatulas - The flexible kind that you would frost a cake with
- Mixing cups ( I use the clear plastic drinking cups you can buy at a discount store or supermarket. They come in different sizes and usually have lines molded into the sides of them which makes 1/1 mixing easier)
- Wooden stir sticks
- Rubbing alcohol
- Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
- Different sized small paint brushes (cheap ones, not your Winsor and Newtons!)
- Some clean rags - for wiping spills and your hands!
- Sharp Hobby Knife
- Plasticine clay (Any non sulfurous clay such as Kleen Klay)
There are other materials that will be discussed as we go along, so you may want to make note of them
Copyright ©2020 by Steve Sherman. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2005-01-03 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 53433